Disaster Recovery & Mitigation
Providing the Support Communities Need
When They Need it the Most
LAN has a long-standing history of providing recovery and mitigation services for our communities’ critical infrastructure in the wake of natural disasters. This history of service includes providing support to our clients for every major storm event in Texas in the past 80 years.
Our experts provide a complete range of pre-disaster mitigation and post-disaster recovery services, including damage assessments, resilience assessment plans, emergency remediation, long-term remediation design, hazard mitigation plans, and securing funding for pre- and post-disaster projects.
Project Funding Solutions
One of the primary challenges to building and maintaining a healthy infrastructure system is the availability of funding. LAN’s Project Funding and Grant Services Team specializes in helping our clients secure funds for projects that help reduce risk and create safer, more disaster-resilient communities.
Our teams have helped our clients identify billions of dollars in project funding. We work with cities, counties, schools, utility districts, and stakeholder groups to identify qualifying infrastructure improvement projects, match them with local and federal funding opportunities, and prepare grant applications. Our infrastructure design teams leverage their project and grant expertise to develop project concepts, estimate costs, evaluate impacts, and help our clients navigate the grant process.
LAN keeps abreast of the latest funding developments to match communities with funding and grant opportunities:
- FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
- FEMA Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA)
- FEMA Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC)
- FEMA Public Assistance (PA)
- GLO Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBR-DR)
- GLO Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT)
- USACE Continuing Authorities Program (CAP)
- TWDB Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF)
- TWDB Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF)
- TWDB Flood Infrastructure Fund (FIF)
- TWDB Water Development Fund (DFund)
LAN has been providing disaster recovery and mitigation services to our clients for more than 80 years.
LAN is managing $500 million of channel and conveyance improvements for Harris County Flood Control District.