Marshall ISD – School Bond Program Management
LAN was program manager for the Marshall ISD $109.2 million bond program. The bond was the first passed in over 30 years for the District and represented a significant milestone for generations of students in the community.
LAN provided design phase management, procurement, and construction administration services. These services included value engineering, schedule management, cost controls, contract consulting, construction observations, closeout activities, and more.
The bond program included the following five projects which assisted the District in their efforts to perform a grade-level realignment:
- Three new 82,000 SF prototype elementary schools constructed on existing school sites
- A new 185,000 SF two-story prototype junior high school constructed on a greenfield site
- Significant renovations to the senior high school including science labs and ADA-compliant restrooms
- Repurposing of a junior high school to serve as an elementary school STEM facility
- Rebuilding of the high school stadium’s press box
In total, the LAN Team saved the District more than $9.47 million in savings and added value which the District reinvested into additional projects to modernize the high school and build an elementary school STEM facility.
At a glance
$109.2 million bond program
First bond passed in 30+ years
Three new Elementary Schools (80 K SF)
New Junior High School (100 K SF)
Repurposed Junior High School/Elementary STEM facility
$9.47 million total project savings & added value
Management of design through construction
21st Century Learning and career technology education
Cost and schedule savings from constructability reviews and revised bidding strategy
K-12 Bond Program Management
Marshall Independent School District